Precision Garage Door Openers
Serving The Greater San Antonio Metro Area
New Garage Door Openers & Installation
Whatever your make or model, chances are we have worked on it or installed it before! If you need an opener installed or repaired in San Antonio, please call us today.
Please read on to learn about the styles and convenient features available now on some of the best garage door openers you can buy.
Quickly Learn Which Garage Door Opener Is Best For You...
There are 3 Main Types of Openers:
Chain Driven Openers- Chain drives are commonly used and very reliable. This drive runs the garage door on its track by using a metal chain. Chain drives are slightly cheaper than belt drives. but make a lot more noise. If your garage is attached to your home, you may not want this opener. We typically don't recommend these types of openers because the small saving isn't worth it.
Belt Driven Openers- Belt drives are regarded in the garage door industry as the best type of opener and their popularity is growing. Not only are belt drives as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. This drive runs on a steel-reinforced belt and typically costs a few dollars more than chain & screw drive openers. If your garage is attached to your home this is probably the best choice for you.
Screw Driven Openers- Screw drive openers use a lifting device that runs on a threaded steel rod, rather than a chain or a rubber belt. These openers tend to work best in locations where the weather and temperature is constant throughout the year. In areas with a wide range of temperature throughout the year, a screw drive opener is not recommended. They also are the slowest moving and noisiest of all three openers, but are the least expensive.
Proper Garage Door Installation
You also need to be sure the garage door opener you purchase is installed properly. Please invest 4 minutes in watching this video. Although it begins a bit like a commercial you will learn the difference between a proper garage door opener installation and one riddled with shortcuts. When your new garage door opener is installed correctly you will enjoy it for a long, long time.
Recommended Garage Door Openers For New Installation
PDS800® Newton DC Powered Garage Door Operator -
The energy-efficient, DC-powered operator that runs at an AC-equivalent speed. DC drive motor with soft-start and soft-stop for smooth, quiet, long-term reliable performance.
Efficient design results in ongoing energy savings.
- Ultra-Smooth and Quiet Operation
Variable speed operation delivers ultra-smooth, quiet performance, increasing long-term reliability.
- Safety First, Safety Always
If the obstacle-sensing beam is crossed when the door is closing, the door reverses to fully open.
- Park or Reverse Door
To permit both ventilation and access, the garage door can be stopped and parked during either upward or downward travel.
- Secure, Responsive Remote Control
Linear remote controls operate over a long range and employ high-security technology.
- Deluxe Wall Station
All controls are large, clearly marked and illuminated (door UP/DOWN control, courtesy light switch, and vacation mode).
- Automatic Courtesy Light
A built-in 100W MAX light illuminates the garage for five minutes every time the operator is used.
- Easy Door Release
When you need to open or close the garage door manually, simply release the operator's quick-disconnect trolley.
8355 Premium Series AC Motor Belt Drive
A reliable opener designed to perform and built to last for years of quiet, trouble free operation.
You will not even hear the garage door opener from within the house. Ideal for garages that are attached to the house
- MyQ® technology enables you to securely monitor and control your garage door opener and houselights with your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in stand-by mode
- Belt drive system is durable, ultra-quiet and maintenance-free
- Whole garage lighting with dual side 200-watt CFL bulb-compatible design
- Uses multiple frequencies simultaneously for near-zero interference
- Wall Station: Provides door operation from the inside of your garage. Also includes an illuminated push-button and security vacation/lock switch so that you're always protected.
- Alert-2-Close warning system provides audible and visual warnings when the garage door is about to close when using MyQ technology or Timer-to-Close.
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty on the motor and belt and a one-year on all other parts
3265 Premium Series 1/2 HP Chain Drive Opener -
This model is the perfect choice for reliability, economy and quality.
The 1/2 HP motor is combined with the industrial-duty chain drive to provide steady performance and lifting power.
- The Protector System® safety sensors project an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverse the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down
- Security+® rolling code technology assures a new code is sent every time the remote control is used
- Patented PosiLock® system ensures the door remains securely locked when the garage door is closed
- Multi-Function Control Panel allows you to open and close your garage door, and turn opener lights on or off from inside the garage.
- Three-button remote control offers you more access and security to open and close up to three garage doors.
- A 200-watt light with adjustable light time delay.
- Great Safety features including the sensing technology, Protector System, Security Rolling Code Technology and PosiLock System.
- Includes a lifetime warranty on the motor and a one-year on all other parts.
Direct Drive Garage Door Openers
3800 Liftmaster Jackshaft Opener -
The Liftmaster Model 3800 Jackshaft Opener offers an ultra-quiet, space-saving, wall-mounted design. Specially designed for garages and unique applications that don't allow for a traditional garage door opener, such as garages with very low, cathedral or obstructed ceilings.
- Ultra-quiet 24V DC motor performance
- Optional EverCharge™ battery backup system reliably opens door even when the power goes out
- Jackshaft Garage Door Opener Wall-Mount Installation - mounts on the left or right side of door - Saves tons of ceiling space
- Easily program additional remotes, keypads and/or keyless entry.
- Auto-force technology monitors garage door system and adjusts forces to temperature fluctuations, floor height and door track movement.
Do not hesitate to call us today at any of our locations to learn more about our openers. We will be happy to answer any further questions.